Infecting more people to boost the efforts for a cure?

It sounds insane but it makes sense. More people infected and more efforts to find a cure. If 1 billion people are HIV positive the urgency to stop the epidemic would be much higher than it is actually, considering also the impact on the economy and the workforce of any individual. The single states would be forced to warrant treatment for all to avoid the catastrophic consequences of persons no more able to work. I know this all is very insane and it's the exact opposite of your daily prevention efforts. I'm interested in your opinion. I know it's provocative but please explain why the research is taking so long to complete the mission in finding something very potent. Trials need years and years and more people get infected. It's time to speed up.

You're interested in my opinion on infecting more people to boost the efforts for a cure??? Actually you already know my opinion! You wrote: "I know this all is very insane and it's the exact opposite of your daily prevention efforts." BINGO! There you have it! By the way I strongly disagree with your conjecture that this "makes sense." Insanity seldom does. There may be some ways to speed HIV research, but your idea is certainly not one of them.

Blood on penis
HIV Lifespan (LIFE EXPECTANCY, 2009)