Can a pet licking sweat or a cut from a HIV positve persons skin cause them to get sick or even HIV but in animal form whatever that may be? (CATS AND DOGS AND HIV, 2009)

Hello there. This may sound like a weird question but I have to ask because the only way to know is to ask, also someone else may be wondering the same thing. First of all I am currently on meds and undectable my question doesn't pertain to humans but to pets and no I'm not referring to beastiality lol... Actually I have a dog that loves to lick my skin especially after I've been sweating I'm thinking its perhaps because of the salty taste. I've tried to get him to stop licking me for fear that he could possibly get him sick from licking lots of sweat from me,but he insists that he likes the way my skin tastes and he will lick my whole leg or arm until all the sweat is gone no need for baths I guess he does it for me lol... I don't think that I'm so much worried about transmitting HIV to him, but because I'm on Atripla is there any chance that when I sweat some of the toxins or meds come out through my skin when I perspire and could he possibly get sick by licking me if there were something in my sweat? Since I'm on the subject of animals. Also is it possible to transmit HIV from a Human to a Pet lets say if I have a cut on my leg and my dog trys to lick me and licks a wound or cut that was bleeding? This may sound a little far fetched but I love my pooch and I'm always extra cautious when he's around me for fear of somehow possibly getting him sick by him licking me or play biting me and he accidentaly draws blood. Please put my puppy fears to rest so that I can play with my dog without being so overly caustious all the time. Thank you for all your great posts! I continue to be educated by the wonderful answers that you provide to our HIV inquiring minds...

Actually you are certainly not the only one wondering if Toto or Miss Kitty could be at risk. In fact we have an entire chapter in the archives of this forum devoted to animal HIV transmission. I'll reprint below some information from those archival posts.

To briefly answer your question, your fears are unwarranted. Even if your precious pooch Toto turned into a vicious Cujo and bit you, there is no risk fro HIV transmission. The same applies if you bit him back or if he licked blood from a bleeding wound you had, etc. The "H" in HIV stands for "human." HIV cannot under any circumstances be transmitted to or by a pet. So enjoy your puppy's kisses without worry, OK?

Does my cat have HIV? May 14, 2009

My cat scratched a guy that I think might have HIV. When should I have my cat HIV tested? The vet doesn't want to run the test. How do I convince him?

Cat-Woman

Miss Kitty does not have HIV and there is no need to try to convince the vet to test her. The "H" in HIV stands for "human"! Felines (as well as canines and all other non-human species) cannot contract this virus. See below.

purina cat chow Jun 14, 2007

Hi. My cat and I enjoy putting cat chow in my ass crack and have her eat. It tickles and gets me off and fills her up. What worries me is that she may have biten our gay neighbour before doing this. Should i go to my doctor? I heard that cats can have aids. Can my cat get a HIV rapid test done.

Felix uses your ass crack for a kitty bowl when chowing down his Purina???? Oh my, my, my . . . there are just so many things wrong with that that I don't know where to begin. I'm also afraid to ask what he uses for a litter box!

And you're worried about the gay neighbor???? Meanwhile Bootsy is riming your booty? Hmmm . . . the really ironic thing about this situation is that most folks would think if there is a weirdo in the neighborhood it's probably the kinky gay guy. However, in reality it's Catwoman (or is it Catman?). I've certainly heard a lot about folks getting off eating pussy, but the other way around????????

Oh well, on to your question. Can Miss Kitty get an HIV rapid test done? No. The "H" in HIV stands for Human.

Should you go to the doctor? No, you should go to the pet shop and get a kitty food bowel.

can dogs contract hiv from humans (DOGS AND HIV, 2008) May 13, 2008

I recently had to get a iv drip due to dehydration. I noticed the dog chewed a hole in the towel where there was dried blood..can she get the virus from me? as I am positive

Nope! The "H" in HIV stands for human, remember?

I'll repost below some other doggy-related HIV questions to not only show you that you are not the first or only person to have this concern, but also to provide some entertainment relief while you're rehydrating on your I.V. drip.

Give Toto an extra dog-cookie from me, OK?

Can you get HIV throguh humping your dog. Sep 26, 2007

Can you get HIV throguh humping your dog. That is a sick question, every one knows you just don't hump dog's!I prefer rats then you can get off and control the rodent population (I am kidding I do not hump rats just in case you did not hear the sarcasm) I just thought I would thank you for trying to help me overcome my fear of being positive I have written you before. I was the one WW with all the symptoms (figure that out) still have no answers and reoccurring oral thrush, but just got my 22 month elisa and it is still negative (as you predicted)so it is time to move on and look at other causes THANK YOU MUCH and 50 cool points to ya (redeemable at all 420 locations)

You're welcome and thank you for the cool points. I plan to redeem them for a plush toy for my pooch Presto in the image of that clueless crackpot who wrote in about humping his canine.

Stay well.

Can you get HIV throguh humping your dog. Sep 21, 2007

I sometimes hump my dog with my clothes off, and I hump him with lubricants on my penis and on his stomeach and penis, I do it because his penis is hard and his skin is hot. Can I get HIV doing this.

HIV? No. But you can get alot of other things...included arrested. In fact, is that the SPCA knocking at your door? If not. I'm sure they soon will be. I'm forwarding your e-mail to them.

HIV Dog Scratch (DOGS, HIV TRANSMISSION) Jul 22, 2007

my nieghbor has hiv and for a while ive been letting him see my dog/ play with her. My dog is friendly and scratches my nieghbors legs to get his attention. The problem is when he doesnt pay attention to her, she runs right over to me and scratches my legs. Can hiv be transmitted this way? Im just worried that blood gets on my dogs nails when she scratches him then its goes into my system when she scratches me. Ive donated to you foundation before when i learned about it when I was in San Fran, and Ill do so again.

HIV via canine scratch? Nope. HIV is not transmitted this way. So let Toto play with your neighbor (and vice versa), OK?

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org) and for letting your pooch cheer up a poz neighbor (and visa versa)!

I'll reprint some other dog posts below.

Stay well. Give the pooch a pet from me.

can dogs transmit HIV? Aug 18, 2005

this might seem awkward, but i am really serious. here is the situation:

1) my roommate is gay 2) i am not sure if he is HIV +ve or not 3) i have doubts that he has sex with his dog (i am not kidding) 4) his dog bit me 5) is it possible that i contracted AIDS?

Thank you.

Have you been listening to those rightwing wing-nuts who claim being gay is a slippery slope to bestiality, pedophilia and devil worship? I think the dog may have bit you because it wanted you to turn off the Fox News Channel.

Relax, Dude, you can't get HIV from TOTO. O.K.? Now tell us, is it really true what they say about straight guys and gerbils?

Oral sex with family dog Mar 8, 2007

I enjoy having oral sex with our family dog (sucking his penis) until he ejaculates in my mouth while my husband films it. Is there any physical danger to this type of oral sex?

You give Cujo a hummer until you get a mouth full of canine cum while your hubby films the festivities??? Hmmm . . . there is just so much wrong with that picture I hardly know where to begin. I'll bet you'll be quite famous once your video hits Doggie YouTube.

dogs and HIV and whipped cream May 9, 2007

i have hiv and i sometime let him lick whipped cream off my penis. can the dog catch it?

No, Toto is not at risk. HIV stands for "Human" Immunodeficiency Virus. That said, I don't approve of your latest pet "trick" (so to speak). Even if you can convince Toto to give you a whipped cream hummer without worries of his becoming HIV infected, you have other worries to consider:

1. You could contract a canine disease if he's carrying something. After all, dogs can lick their own dick and balls, not to mention all sorts of other stuff.

2. You might turn your dog gay. This may be OK if he's a poodle or Chihuahua or something like that, but if he's a German shepherd or Great Dane, he could have troubles if word gets out at the dog park.

Finally, if you are resorting to canine tongue for your sexual gratification, you definitely need to get out more. Sure, dogs are wonderful and all, but boyfriends are oh so much better when it comes to getting the whipped cream off your joystick.

is my dog hiv positive???made donation already Jul 9, 2007

hi there iam very concerned as iam positive and was playing with my dog and bit her(tiny chihuahua)She now has been coughing and is showing signs of malaise as sshe is not eating.Do you think I MAY HAVE INFECTED HER WITH HIV BY BITING HER.Please help me as she is my baby and I PROMISE I will never bite her when we cuddle in bed.thank you.

You bit your Chihuahua? Now there's a twist on a familiar theme. Relax sweetie, your little schnookerdoodle has not been harmed. Humans cannot transmit HIV to their pets. Remember, the "H" in HIV stands for Human, not "Henrietta the Chihuahua!" If your little schnookums is coughing and "showing signs of malaise," I suggest you take her to the vet. One thing that's for certain: the cause of her problem is not HIV, OK?

Now remember, no more biting! And no peeing on the carpet either!

dog licking your vagina Jun 10, 2007

Dr.,

Is it Ok if a dog licks your vagina?

Mavis

Believe it or not, you are not the first person to ask me this question. My response remains unchanged. See below.

dog sex? Jan 26, 2006

What happend if your dog licked your vagina

Licked my vagina? But I don't have a vagina!

DUDE- ANIMALS??? Jun 27, 2003

RAUL 16 MEXICO

can animals transmit the hiv or aids to human? "What is the scientific explanation for why animals LIKE DOGS can or cannot get HIV?"

Hey Raul,

Well it has to do with the "H" in HIV. It stands for HUMAN, as in Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Dogs cant get it, because they are not human, although my pooch thinks he is.

Basically, many diseases are species-specific. In other words, dogs dont have to worry about HIV and you dont have to worry about getting Tasmanian Devil Crotchrot Fever. OK?

can jacking off stop puberty
Can I WOOhoo? Student, please i will send 160 Donation...