Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank You for your dedication and time to help us all
May 26, 2009

Hi Dr Frascino,

I did the most stupidest thing whereby I was depressed , drunk and when the CSW said her condom ran out and do it without it I just went along, which is never me, even when I am high, I use a condom. So now I am sweating, waiting for the next couple of months to go for a test. Just once and I put my life at risk. Sigh.... How can I be so stupid??

Anyway, I didn't write it to ask a question as all my queries have been answered by your archives, I just wanted to write and express my sincere heartfelt thank you ,because without your archives and your daily replies, I would have gone on a panic attack. I called a Aids / HIC hotline counsellor in my country and that person was more angry with me than helping me.

Anyway, I am waiting for the next 2 and a half months to get my test done, will be going for a 1 month test and then another 3 month test.

I have learned a great deal from your archives and things I never knew, and I will definitely start volunteering at the local IHV/AIDS organization as I think a lot of people are really misinformed as well as very biased from a religious slant.

Anyway, thank you again and may God bless you and for been a great human being.

hoping_for_a_2nd_chance_guy.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Hoping-for-a-second-chance Guy,

Thanks for your thanks and very kind comments.

Try not to be too hard on yourself because of your lapse in judgment. We are all human, which means we all make mistakes, even yours truly! The important thing is to recognize our indiscretions, accept the consequences of our actions and learn from our mistakes. I believe you have accomplished all three!

I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test will be negative.

Good luck. I'm always here if you need me, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Tired and scared military bound individual.
Next
Undetectable Viral Load in Semen MAGNETIC COUPLE SEXUAL RISK 2009)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.