HIV and the mentally disabled+donation

I have a cousin that is hiv+ and mentally disabled. He has a habit of spitting and blowing in peoples face. Today he pretended to give me a kiss, but instead he blew in my face and I felt his air enter my mouth and probably some spit. Maybe even entering my eyes. Would this be an HIV risk to me and others? What if he has bit his lip or tongue and blood was mixed in his spit... would there be enough blood to infect?

Donation of $40 will be sent via paypal. Thank you so much for your time.

The HIV-acquisition risk of your cousin spitting or blowing in your face is essentially nonexistent. The chance that there would have been a sufficient amount of fresh blood mixed in with his spit is so remote that it's essentially nonexistent. HIV testing, while always available, would not be specifically recommended for the potential exposure you experienced. If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your fears or concerns, you could consider getting a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative. But if it helps to put any residual fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the time and effort psychologically.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. Please give your cousin a hug from me.

How is Magic Johnson "CURED"?
Big weenie guy once again (6 WEEKS VS 3 MONTHS VS 6 MONTHS, 2009)