May 25, 2009
Yep........I have HIV related OCD and feel I need to clean anything someone with HIV touches. Like I said, OCD! But since HIV dies so quickly outside the body, am I really doing any good? Does spraying cleaner on phones, keyboards, and door knobs really do anything to "Kill" the virus more or am I wasting time and money? Thanks!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
"Wasting time and money," definitely wasting time and money. HIV is not transmitted via casual contact. I suggest you focus on getting your OCD treated rather than allow your OCD to inappropriately focus your life on nonexistent HIV risks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.