May 25, 2009
Yep........I have HIV related OCD and feel I need to clean anything someone with HIV touches. Like I said, OCD! But since HIV dies so quickly outside the body, am I really doing any good? Does spraying cleaner on phones, keyboards, and door knobs really do anything to "Kill" the virus more or am I wasting time and money? Thanks!
Response from Dr. Frascino
"Wasting time and money," definitely wasting time and money. HIV is not transmitted via casual contact. I suggest you focus on getting your OCD treated rather than allow your OCD to inappropriately focus your life on nonexistent HIV risks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Put On Herpes Sores To Heal Faster?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.