Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: In College, I don`t have too much money but I will donate $20 USD for answer
May 24, 2009

Thanks for the answer Doc. I send my donation already :)

So, If I always use condoms regardles of the other`s healt status, I don`t have to worry about HIV unless the condom breaks correct? with that said I don`t have to drive myself crazy getting tested for any sex that was protected?

What do you think about posting MP3 Files (web cast or pod cast about all your advises? or have a Live chat room here for people to interact and find more about others fears etc.

Finally... this is for you in SPANISH WITH ALL MY HEART...

La sabiduria se obtiene con el tiempo, la paciensia con los fracasos, el respeto se obtiene con el corazon.

Gracias por donar su tempo. no cabe duda que es verdad la teoria de la vida... siempre hay un angel en el camino.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi College-guy,

One component of condom efficacy is the use of a latex or polyurethane condom consistently for all penetrative sex. Equally important is using the condom properly. Condoms improperly used can result in HIV transmission.

Regarding HIV (and STD) testing, the guidelines recommend routine STD/HIV screening every six to 12 months for sexually active individuals with multiple partners.

Regarding Web/pod-casts, we do already have those here at The Body from time to time. As for my hosting a live chat room, are you out of your mind? If even half the number of anxious wrecks who continually cram questions into my inbox show up in a chat room, we would crash the Internet! I think I'll stick to this more manageable question-and-answer format.

Muchas gracias por tus palabras tan amables. Un abrazo.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Je dois insister. Répondez, s'il vous plaît.
Next
xylocaine + condom = at risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.