Donation of $150/ Bleeding Jeans

Hello Doctor, I had a question regarding HIV transmission. The other day I walked out of a store and was approached by a homeless man. He asked for money and told me he had AIDS. He turned around to show me his bloody jeans. He tugged on his jeans and proceeded to explain why he was bleeding. He had bled right through the jeans, and said he needed money for his medication. Now this blood was the whole back end of his jeans, so A LOT of blood was exposed. I reached in my wallet and gave him $20. Is there ANY risk of infection from this encounter. I can't shake the feeling. I have dry hands that peel occasionally but don't bleed. I also bite the side skin of my fingers that do bleed sometimes. So that would pretty much be the only, if any relation to a cut or abrasion. Does this sound worrisome or complete craziness??

I wanted to do a good deed and give him some cash, I intend to do the same for your foundation. $150 on it's way for any words of wisdom!! Thank you so much.

Hello Good Samaritan,

The HIV-acquisition risk associated with your kind deed is completely nonexistent. HIV is really much more difficult to contract than that! Even with dry hands or chewed-up fingers your risk remains nonexistent. Worry and/or HIV testing is definitely not warranted.

Your kind deeds will not go unnoticed by the higher powers. In fact I remain absolutely convinced that every kind deed we perform in the true spirit of generosity and compassion will be returned to us one thousand fold.

Thank you for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives. On behalf of those lives please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well. Stay well.

PSYCHOTIC PROSTITUTE TRYING TO KILL HER CLIENTS ?????????
Does 13% CD4 (< 14%) give me an AIDS diagnosis? (HIV VERSUS AIDS DIAGNOSIS DEFINITION 2009)