PLEASE READ PLEASE HELP ........

Hi doc my name is j i am 23 i have a serious problem i will try to make this short way back in 2003 i was hanging around with the wrong crowd at school and started to smoke crack cocain i still cant beleive to this day i got in to that i come from a great catholic family parents work state jobs and i always did the right that was the worst thing ever anyways i did that for about a year and a half after that we moved back to my hometown and to this day never did it again and never will i wanted to know if i could have full blown aids due to the fact i smoked with mutiple people and i have burned my lips on the pipes and shared them many of times btw i am still a virgin no lie i have took 1 hiv test ever about half year ago came back neg but i think i have full blown aids and it did not show up on the test had so many regular blood test because i have been to er and my doc so many times because im so tired alot and they came back ok i have lost so much weight in arms legs and i cant gain hardly any if so it goes up a couple and down a couple my stomach and breast area is the only place i gain and around my chin my face and eye sockets are the worst i always have dark circles people think i been up for days and i could feel the bones i still have that baby face but it is so diffrent my family even asked me about it and a bunch of other people i cant even leave the house that much anymore because of my face trust me i did so much researh on wasting i am so scared i try to work out 3 time a week i can send you pictures of my face please i know there is something is wrong i wanted to know if i should take a cd4 test to be 100% doc please help i really think i have malabsorption i never looked like this before in my life i been like this for about a year and its getting worse so thats why i think my cd4 is so low i wanted to make a app with a gi doc also because of the weight thing i tried to eas so much more callories and protein but nothing i dont understand only other thing it could be is some kind of cancer please help thank you very much

Hello j,

First off I should mention your post is difficult to follow because you did not use punctuation marks, capital letters or proper grammar. Next we don't use the term "full blown AIDS," because it really doesn't mean anything different than "AIDS." In other words there is no such thing as "partially blown AIDS."

I agree it was a bad idea to get involved with crack cocaine. It's fortunate your family moved away and you are no longer a crack head. Your HIV risk from sharing crack pipes and having burned lips is negligible at best. Your negative HIV test six months ago, well beyond the window period from your last potential exposure, is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No, you do not have AIDS.

Your symptoms of weight loss, fatigue, etc. are consistent with depression. A CD4 count is not warranted. Rather I would suggest you see your general medicine doctor for an evaluation. Confide in him about your fears of having AIDS and your past use of crack cocaine. If no physical cause for your symptoms can be found, he should refer you for psychotherapy to help you explore guilt issues around your drug use and to help you accept the wonderful news of your HIV-negative status. Remember, HIV is not your problem, OK?

boyfriend hiv +
Generics