Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Female partially woohooing after 6 years torture!!! Can I really Woohoo doc?
May 20, 2009

Hey doc! After 6 years of torturing myself & being convinced that I had HIV I finally built up the courage to test today by a free rapid blood test that took 30 minutes at a free clinic, and it was NEGATIVE so I'm woohooin....I think? Also, the test was 7 months after last exposure.

I'll try & tell ya quickly about my exposures & symptoms that concern me.

1. Unprotected receptive vaginal for ten seconds with guy #1 with no ejaculation. (came down with pharyngitis 6 weeks later, mouth ulcers, fatigue, rash, genital sores)

2. Unprotected receptive vaginal with no ejaculation, also very brief. This was guy #2.

3. Unprotected vaginal twice with a bit of pre-cum as I became prego and had a miscarriage. This was guy #3.

4. Numerous unprotected receptive vaginal with guy #4, no ejaculation. Also got crazy with him and had a few 3-somes with another female, in which her and I were oral and we shared a toy?

5. 3 or 4 unprotected receptive vaginal and 1 unprotected receptive anal with guy #5. Guy #5 came down with a fever/sore throat and oral herpes a couple weeks after we had unprotected so I was concerned I infected him and that was him going through ARS?

As you can see I've had my fair share of fun in the lovin department over the last few years and needed to test but was petrified because of night sweats, vaginal yeast infection, extreme bouts of fatigue, colds & sinus infections that last for a month at a time and are difficult to treat, frequent genital herpes outbreaks, small brown spot on genital area that didn't blanch, bruise very easily & now have a purple spot on the roof of my mouth (hard palate) that won't go away. The spot on my mouth was what threw me overboard & made me test thinkin that it could be kaposi's sarcoma?

Anyway, as I mentioned I took the rapid blood test 7 months after last exposure. Are those tests highly accurate? Also, the test was at a free clinic that seemed not so professional. Do you think they could have tested the wrong blood? What would be the odds of that?

Doc, I really need an answer here as I'd like to finally put this to rest. Can you please answer the above (especially the accuracy & possibly testing wrong blood) so I can really WOOHOO once & for all?

I so look forward to hearing from you soon! God bless & where can I send a donation?

Thanks a bunch!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You shouldn't have been "petrified" to test because of your symptoms (night sweats, vaginal yeast infection, fatigue, sinus infection, etc.), but rather because your "fair share of fun in the lovin department" was unprotected, which placed you at risk for STDs, including HIV. The reason to worry about HIV or get an HIV test is HIV-risk exposure, not the presence or absence of symptoms.

Your negative rapid blood test at seven months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. The chances of a technical or clerical error are extremely remote at best. The spot in your mouth is not Kaposi's sarcoma.

You and your HIV test result are 100% Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOOable! Stop torturing yourself. (Even Dick Cheney thinks you've had enough!)

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. The foundation's street address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

WOO-HOO. Be well and never put yourself at risk for STDs/HIV again!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Happiness Held Hostage
Next
boyfriend hiv +

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.