Happiness Held Hostage

Dr. Frascino,

Thank you for taking the time to read this and chalk this one up to yet another massage parlor incident (in Latin America). The archives point me in what I think is the right direction, but nothing I think will help me regain my happiness other than your thoughts.

Basically, she masturbated herself and may have touched my penis a few times with her wet hands. I am not sure she got any fluids (let's assume she did for argument sake) on and around my "pee hole." Let's also go off the deep end and say she is HIV poz (HIV rates in this particular country are the same as U.S.)

The archives would suggest nearly non-existent risk. Other comments you have concerning precum, semen, vaginal fluid when mutually masturbating are zero risk to negligible (what kind of transmission rate is negligible?). When discussing hand-to-genital contact and mutual masturbation (and both being considered methods of safe sex), did this type of incident fall into that category?

So, with each click of the mouse, with unclear risk assessments, I go deeper down into depression and fear.

That was the extent of the contact, but how safe was I being?

And for the record, $50 went to your wonderful foundation last week via paypal. Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Anxious in Latin America

Hello Anxious in Latin America,

Massage and masturbation (the proverbial rub and tug) is not considered a risk for HIV transmission as stated multiple times in the archives of this forum. Why are you double-clicking yourself into the doldrums? The responses you'll read here and on other science-based reputable HIV-information sites are all very consistent: essentially no risk! If you remain concerned despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. However, if it helps you put any residual worries permanently to rest, it will be worth the time and effort psychologically.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV tests will be negative. (I'm confident the test will indeed be negative.)

$20,000 in testing. Am I good?
Female partially woohooing after 6 years torture!!! Can I really Woohoo doc?