ARS symptoms after 12 week negative *donation!*

Hi Doc!

I just recently (2 weeks ago) completed a test for Hep along with HIV which was all negative a little more than 12 weeks after my ripped condom fiasco (insertive vaginal, me being the male). It was anonymous here in Shanghai (I'm a foreigner living here), and I'm not sure which type of test was used. I was able to call back the same evening for the results however (and blood was drawn).

I'm concerned about some lingering symptoms. I've had about 4 small, hard lymph nodes on the right side of my groin ever since about 6-7 weeks in (they are quite apparent only upon feeling). There is also one that is larger and softer in my right armpit. I also have recurring chest discomfort almost like a chest infection that has come and gone on a daily basis for the last month or so. Then today I just started experiencing a rash on my left forearm that is consistent with an ARS rash. It is now 15 weeks after my exposure, and I'm a little concerned still. I can see that ARS symptoms are a little sketchy for timelines, and I was just wondering if I would be warranted for another check. You've given the 'ol WooHoo! for other 3 month cases in the past I see, but with these lingering symptoms, I'm wondering what's the next step for me? Your work is much appreciated and including the donation I just made, I've decided to make it a monthly habit. Thanks Doc!

Your negative HIV test at 12 weeks is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional tests are warranted.

Your "lingering symptoms" are more than "a little sketchy for (ARS) timelines", they also are not consistent with typical ARS symptoms. For example the rash associated with ARS would not be expected to appear only on your left forearm! Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: It's not HIV! Have your general medical doctor evaluate any persistent symptoms. It's possible, if no physical cause can be determined, that these symptoms might be related to anxiety induced by the scare associated with your ripped-condom fiasco!

Thank you for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. They are urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed well!)

Worry College Student
just a simple question (please please answer) =P