Worry College Student

I'm 19 years old male. I have no risk of HIV. But, July last year when I donate my blood, the blood bank reject it because of the blood test show Positive Elisa and Indeterminate Western Blot. The nurse suggested me to take test 3 month later. So, on november I take another HIV test. The result was Positive Elisa and Negative Western Blot. The Doctor that on charge told me, I'm HIV negative and the Elisa show false positive result. To reassure me the Doctor took PCR test and the result was not detected.

But, all of sudden I become worry again. After I read some website that positive Elisa and Negative Western Blot is considered indeterminate result. Is that true? I don't have any symptom, but around October I catch fever for 7 days, and Doctor told me it was Typhoid fever.

Please, give me information regarding my situation. Since I'm really worry and I can't concentrate on my study.

Thanks Doctor :)

The sum of your HIV tests (positive ELISA, indeterminate and then negative Western Blot plus an undetectable HIV PCR viral load) are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. You can read much more about HIV diagnostic screening tests in the archives of this forum.

Be well. (You are indeed well.) Now get back to your studies!

SLEEPLESS ITALIAN (FINAL PART)
ARS symptoms after 12 week negative *donation!*