Dr. Bob Please You Are An HIV Specialist

Please help explain this to me, I can't even ask my primary care doc because he is not specialized in HIV. You however are. I will try to explain plainly and make sense of my question. Since it is that if two HIV positive people with different strains, subtypes, still have to have protected sex with eachother because of reinfection because they have different strains (subtypes), how is it then just one HIV antibody test is all that is needed to determine if a person is truly positive or negative after the window period of 3 to 6 months? These different subtypes and strains would be so different as to having different antibodies wouldn't they? Not to be a brat, but watch, even you won't answer this question and ignore it because it's scary and disturbing this truth and induces panic. Thanks in advance anyway. Student of Sociology

Why would you ask me to "please help explain" something to you and then say something as stupid as "watch even you won't answer this question and ignore it because it's scary and disturbing this truth and induces panic." Aside from the bad grammar, do you really think a statement like that would encourage me to respond? Your question is neither scary nor disturbing. It has a very simple, logical and scientific answer. I'll be more than happy to explain it to you if and when and if you resubmit your legitimate question without the inane postscript! This is an HIV/AIDS information Web site that provides science-based responses to questions. Truth does not induce panic. It provides enlightenment and understanding. "Student of Sociology," you have much to learn about sociology, not to mention appropriate etiquette and common sense when requesting a free service!

Help Please for a Worried Mom!
SEX WITH MY WIFE