The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How long will my daughter hurt and feel sick?

May 18, 2009

She was diganosed in March 2009. We went to am Infectious Desease Doctor and told her to take tylenol. It starts to get better then wham. She starts with a fever, swelling of her hands and legs, joint pain, sweaing and nuaseated. What can we do to help her. We are just going to doctor afterdoctor and they say they have never seen a cronic case before so they don't know how to help. We are waiting for the ID clinic at MCV to get her an appointment. But while everyone waits for the paper work she is in bed. It hurts to see her like this and no one is helping or giving answers. Is there someplace in Virginia or nearby that I can take her where they know how to treat this?

Response from Dr. Frascino


The information provided in your post is limited and consequently it's difficult for me to provide specific advice. You mention your daughter was "diagnosed" in March 2009. Diagnosed with what, HIV? Is your daughter a young child? Grown woman? If she's a child and has HIV disease, she needs to be seen by a pediatric HIV specialist. The infectious-disease physician should be able to facilitate the referral for you. Alternatively you could check the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site, They have a "find a provider" function to help you locate certified specialists in your area.

I don't know what you mean by a "chronic case." Chronic case of what? I do hope you locate an appropriate physician specialist to help your daughter very soon.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Being to active during treatment make you feel sicker?
My roommate has a T Cell count of 17

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint