Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SEX with a 50 Year old girl..Irrational fear or what? will make donation
May 17, 2009

Hello Doc.

You're the best. I`ll give my donation...To the point.

I'm 29, meet this 50 year old girl at a bar (don't know much about here health status HIV,STD`s) she claims to be fine. a week later we end up having vaginal sex at here home.nothing else. I used a latex condom, the plastic (condom)never broke. At this point I think I'm doing the right thing, but a week later I get this sore throat out of nothing... hmmm!

What`s my risk for this one time sex if we consider that I don't really know here status and that yes I did used condom and never broke and she`s 50 years old?

I don't have any cuts in my penis to permit vaginal fluids in to my system.

do I have to worry about this? do I need to get an HIV Test?

Thanks.

PS: I don't have sex anymore with young girls because in my mind I think they are more promiscuous. that's why now I focus on sexy 50 year old ladies thinking it will be more safe. guess what I still have fears.

Cheers J.C

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi J.C.,

If the latex condom was used properly and did not break, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot penetrate intact latex (or polyurethane), no matter if you're screwing a barely legal hooker or a great grandmother.

By the way, your assumption that it's less risky from an HIV standpoint to do the horizontal matters mambo with sexy 50-somethings than with younger women is totally erroneous. If you have a Mrs. Robinson fetish, fine. Just don't fool yourself she's any safer than the winner of the wet T-shirt contest at your local dance club. To stay safe continue to cover your stump before you hump no matter who you may be humping!

Dr. Bob

Previous
doc please help
Next
Research in HIV via CCR5 Delta 32

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.