rapid improvement

When I went to the doctor in feb 2009 for the first time after almost 7 years of infection, I was relatively healthy with only minor sore throat, coughs etc, and no major problems. I was curious to see what my cd4 count was. To my horror it was 40, and viral load of over 500 000 (not sure of exact figure). He immediately reffered me to a specialist to start treatment. Anyway, long story short... with prayer and faith in Jesus, two and a half months later I got my test results again and the doctors report states that my kidney function is completely normal, viral load 62, and cd4 count is 848. It went up with a whopping 808 in two and a half months. my question is, how often do you hear of such miraculous improvement? God is great! C - South Africa

Hello C in South Africa,

Why did you wait seven years to check your counts???

Your response to treatment is excellent, both virologically (HIV plasma viral load plummeting from 500,000 to 62) and immunologically (CD4 count skyrocketing form 40 to 848). This type of response is not uncommon when effective antiretroviral therapy is begun. Unfortunately not everyone is so lucky. And I do not believe God had anything to do with it. To believe so would mean that God did not answer someone else's "pray and faith." I can assure you others in your situation also pray and desperately want to improve. I do not envision the higher powers selecting one person's earnest prayers while ignoring another equally pious individual's plea. HIV is a virus and is treated with antiretroviral medications. HIVers improve or don't for a whole variety of medical and scientific reasons. I'm not trying to diminish your faith. I just need to remind everyone of the realities of this disease so that their faith (no matter what it is) isn't shaken if they don't have a response as dramatic as yours. The real miracle here is science based.

Are these hiv tests conclusive after 3,6 and 11 week?
appreciate ur evaluation(i asked four times, no answer from u yet,Dr)