!!!!!!!!!!!

hiii Dr.bob..i really respect you so much and respect your time for worried people like us over here..my question is..i had unprotected oral sex with a gurl she might be an hiv+(i didnt know that) ..she was peroforming on me..and then i went for hiv test after 10 days of exposure and i got tested..the result was hiv-1 reactive and hiv-2 indeterminate..and im sure i never had unprotected sex before that was my first time with dis gurl...is that consider false + or ist true????? pls help...thx BOB

I don't know what type of HIV test you had performed (ELISA, EIA, rapid test); however, it appears it was an initial HIV-antibody screening test. Your results would indicate you have a "preliminary"positive test for HIV-1 and an indeterminate test for HIV-2. We cannot determine if this is a false positive or true positive without additional testing. If indeed your only potential HIV-exposure risk was a single episode of unprotected insertive oral sex, then it is most likely that your tests are falsely reactive (falsely positive). Your next step is to repeat your test and get a follow-up confirmatory Western Blot if the preliminary ELISA (EIA, rapid test) is reactive (positive). If both your screening ELISA test and confirmatory Western Blot tests are positive, you should see an HIV specialist for more advanced testing and further evaluation.

Good luck! Write back and let me know what the tests reveal. I'm here if you need me, OK?

a garbage question
Can I forget about this?