The $100 Question

I will donate $100 to your wonderful foundation.

About 3 months ago I found out my nephew has HIV. I'm trying to cope and help him cope. The other day he came home drunk as a skunk. He was drooling all over himself and I noticed he had a cut on his lip with dried blood (not sure if it was all dry) He grabbed my face and planted a huge kiss on my cheek. I had a pimple on my cheek that I had popped earlier that day, like 3 hours before. I felt the wetness from his lips. Is this a risk for HIV transmission? If the blood on his lips got on my popped pimple??

$100 donation from my nephew and I. $50 a piece for you advice. Thank you and ANY encouraging words would be great for both of us :)

The chances your drunk, drooling nephew transmitted an adequate amount of fresh blood to your three-hour-old popped pimple are so remote they are essentially nonexistent. The only reason to even consider testing would be to psychologically calm any residual fears you might have. The results of an HIV test would undoubtedly be negative.

As for ways to help your positively charged nephew, make sure he's hooked up with a good HIV specialist physician and that he's aware of this Web site.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Be well. Hug your nephew for me.

Using latex condoms (SUPERINFECTION, 2009) (FINDINGS SUGGEST HIV CAN BE TRANSMITTED FROM MSM WITH UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOAD 2009)
In College, I don`t have too much money but I will donate $20 USD for answer