Is it ok for someone to tell people you have aids if you have not given them permission?

I have a friend that has notified several people in a club that we are a part of that I have Aids....We see the same Dr..She is in a fight with my boyfriend so to get back at him she has now run around and disclosed my status to a club we are apart of and people are calling and saying I am sorry to hear what happened to you and so forth.Are there any legal reprocussions this person could suffer...I really didn't want to tell the world of my status..now I don't know I can even face these people.Some of these people know people on my daughters drill team and you know how fast this news can travel. Is there anything legally I can do? Thank You for any advice.

Although I would consider your "friend" to be a scumbag, you have no legal recourse. Perhaps you can have a heart-to-heart talk with Chatty-Cathy blabbermouth advising her that disclosing your status is uncool and if she doesn't stop immediately bad cosmic karma will rain down on her such that in the next life she'll be reborn as pond scum. Although, somehow, I doubt that's really going to work. Plus, the proverbial horse has now left the proverbial barn. At this point your best option is to be honest with anyone who approaches you with the news. You may also wish to break the news yourself to anyone you fear may hear it from other sources. That is another way to stop blabbermouth from having any negative effect. Also I would suggest you and your boyfriend pick better friends. The one you mention is more of a fiend than a friend. Feel free to send her this post and my comments. She really should be ashamed of herself and such meanspirited actions seldom if ever go unpunished.

Window Period, Viral Load and Chance of Transmission
Police officer