Dating a Poz guy and I am negative
May 15, 2009
Dear Doctor, I recently started dating a great guy, who happens to be positve. I have rheumatoid arthritis and just started taking methotrexate. How do I best protect myself from contracting HIV?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You should protect yourself exactly the same way everyone else does! Having rheumatoid arthritis and taking methotrexate doesn't change safer sexual techniques! I suggest you and your new Mr. Positively Charged read through the chapters in the archives devoted to magnetic couples, safer sexual techniques, HIV-sexual prevention and HIV-sexual transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With Stripper
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Condom Broke
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Vagina
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.