Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Johnny Mathis "chances are?"
May 14, 2009

Hi Dr. Bob,

I hope you are well. I will be taking my 90 day test coming up and wanted to ask you for your good luck kharma. I had brief unprotected oral performed on me without an erection and I fingered her (a prostitute) without any cuts on my fingers. I have called the SF California Aids Hotline several times to where they recognize my voice. They keep telling me that my risk was non-existant "to my surprise". I have told them that I have had diarrhea out of the blue, twice and have had sinus problems and bouts of night sweats which I have never had before. They say that those symptoms are way down the road if I was infected and the bottem line is I didn't put myself at risk. I keep trying to put this behind me and muster up the courage to take the test and then I have another bizarre symptom that I have never had before. I appreciate all the time and energy you give to this site. If you would please put me on your good kharma list I would appreciate it. If I am negative one good thing has come from this 3 month nightmare and that is I quit drinking and am very well informed about safe sex!

Love Ya man!

Greg

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

So the SF AIDS Hotline is getting ready to put a restraining order out on you?

I agree your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

My advice is to get tested. Your WOO-HOO is waiting for you! My good-luck karma has been sent (although you really don't need it). The title of your post is Johnny Mathis "chances are". Remember the final line to that Johnny Mathis tune is: "The chances are your chances are . . . awfully good."

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Gay clubs and straight girls + donation
Next
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT HIV TRANSMISSION QUESTION

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.