The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Gay clubs and straight girls + donation

May 14, 2009

Hi, Dr!! I am a straight female and frequent gay clubs with a few friends of mine. I love the clubs because they are so vibrant and so fun! But I had an incident that has worried me. I was at a club in WEHO and I was dancing with a gay hottie, the guy next to us got a little too excited while dancing and threw his arms up in the air. As he did so, his hand pretty much socked me in the lip and I got a fat lip! My lip looked like when it's bleeding on the inside yet not oozing out. The blood looked like clogged inside I guess, yet still I tasted blood in my mouth. But this man is known to be HIV+. Would this be a risk for me, if in fact blood was exposed during this..or is it pretty far fetched?

I got tested 3 months after this with an oral swab oraquick advance done at Altamed.

Even without the test, would this have been a risk?

$30 donation, and I will send another $30 when I get paid this Thursday! Thanks a bunch gorgeous!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your HIV-acquisition risk from getting bopped while bopping to the beat with Mr. McHottie in that WeHo club is nonexistent. I presume your three-month OraQuick test was negative, right? (You mentioned you took the test but didn't mention the result!)

Thanks for your donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( They are warmly appreciated. Any chance I can cut in next time you and the Mr. Studly-Dudly McHottie hit the dance floor?

Be well!

Dr .Bob

Johnny Mathis "chances are?"

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint