Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hair Salon Question...Never been asked!!
May 10, 2009

I searched and searched for this in archives and couldn't find anything! I was wondering if I go to my hair salon and when they dye my hair they use this tube of Vaseline and squeeze some out to put around my scalp so the dye doesn't dye my skin... now since they use this tube of Vaseline on every customer is it safe if used on an HIV+ person that may have had a cut or some blood on scalp, then used it on me on got it in my cut or wound on my scalp? IE: If they squeezed some out on finger rubbed it on an hiv+ persons scalp and may have rubbed blood then put finger over tube again to squeeze more out, then eventually using it on me??

I hope I'm not too confusing. I would appreciate any response! Donation on it's way! $40 sent tomorrow!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV risk from Vaseline at the hair salon is completely nonexistent.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sex with massage girl in Phuket
Next
hiv?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.