Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex with massage girl in Phuket
May 10, 2009

Last week a few of my buddies and I spent a week in Phuket. After a few massages with several different girls, I finally agreed to some boom boom. About half way through I felt a sense of guilt and pushed her off and told her that I wanted to stop. She proceeded to use her had while my eyes where closed. After a few minutes of that I realized that she had crawled back on top of me and begin to continue vaginal penetration. It must have been less than a minute when I remembered that she had removed the condom and the sex I was having was very unsafe. I pushed her off and she continued to finish me with her hand. After that I ran home to take about a twenty minute shower. Now I have a real bad feeling about this situation. What are the odds that she has an STD or HIV? And if so what are the odds of me getting anything after about on to two minutes unprotected sex?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV-acquisition risk from your boom-boom in Phuket is low.

The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even less, as we don't know the HIV status of Miss Phuket McBoom-Boom. I would recommend you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody test taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered conclusive. You can have routine STD screening at any time.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
from EGYPT
Next
Hair Salon Question...Never been asked!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.