Safer Sex and Partner Disclosure
May 9, 2009
I know that the law varies by state, but what is the general advice for partner disclosure? Are you required to disclose to a partner if you are using protection or only when you are putting him/her at risk through unprotected sex? What about with oral sex or mutual masturbation?
Response from Dr. Frascino
In places where disclosure is the law it refers to disclosing your status before any type of sex (protected or not!). Take a read through the information in the archives of this forum. We have an entire chapter devoted to HIV disclosure issues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Pathophysiology Of Trichomoniasis
- What Is The Rate Of Death To Teens From Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.