posting for 6 weeks please a minute i will donate...

Hi dr, thanks for all the work done here,

my risk situation with an hiv positive female, she give me unprotected oral sex, and then vaginal sex with condoms, but do not know if she bit the condom un purpuse when she put it, I have results to 8,11,12,13 weeks and half, with elisa fourth generation & p24, my symptoms as of the first 6 weeks pharyngitis till now like a bit burning, in 8 certain skin rashes just in face like 5, and the 10 a bit of diarrhea,low grade fever, they say that at twelve weeks is conclusive be fine, I am concerned that in some forums say they were positive in the fourth month, that the virus was minimal detectable because of the low risk, is that true?or every single person whatever the risk was, that are not on chemo should test positive at 12? Help please... am i ok? in the 13 week test I also send for a western blot test, i know its no necesary, the results will arrive in 3 days more if its negative as the 13 last test im ok? shoul i retest ... God bless u thx

A "low risk" or small amount of virus in the inoculum does not change the duration of the window period. Once HIV gets inside the body it takes off and replicates at a furious pace (well over a billion times per day). Consequently fears that being infected with only a small amount of virus might delay seroconversion are unfounded.

That said, I should also mention the CDC recommends testing out to six months for individuals who had a significant exposure to a partner who was confirmed to be HIV positive.

I'm not at all concerned by your "symptoms." And considering you've had repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 13 weeks, I would say the chances are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract the virus from this encounter. Your fears that your gal-pal purposely bit the condom before putting it on you are irrational.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that you remain HIV negative.

Addicted to prostitutes
High Risk Category