Edward Green Harvard AIDS Project Right or Wrong?

Dear Dr. Bob, I was reading the newspaper "National Catholic Register" and they quote Edward Green as backing up the recent debacle with the Pope in Africa. I would love to know your thoughts on this. I was stunned to read this in print and again would welcome your thoughts. Thank for you for the fantastic life -saving work you do. NCR 4/19/2009 "We already knew in the 1970s that condoms were among the least effective contraceptives, and we now have studies that show an association between condom use and higher infection rates..... so when the Pope said that the answer really lies in monogamy and martial faithfulness, that's exactly what we found empirically." The article does go on to say that "most people disagree with Green, who is not a Catholic."

Count me (and nearly every other HIV specialist, HIV/AIDS organization, medical epidemiologist and person with even a modicum of common sense) among the "most people (who) disagree with Green." Enough said.

cd 4 course
Dr. Bob I Really Hate It