Will donate $50 usdls.. I`m freaking out doc...

Hello doc. all my respects for you. It's amazing how you put up with tons of e-mails freaking about minor things like me...

what do you think about creating a 24/7 hotline where people can call and for a charge of 2 dollars experts can answer questions? all this money can go to your Foundation.

Well you got my $50 dollars.

Straight to the point. I'm married and last night I has sex with a lady I met at my gym. Vaginal Sex with protection (Latex Condom), condom did not broke. the penetration lasted about minute and half because a saw a baby rash around the Vagina.

The girl told me she was sexual active and she had some kind of STD a year ago that affected her bladder (don't know what it was) took some deds and went away in top of that the rash almost in her butt and vagina got me scare and I Pulled out.

Do you think with all this that I'm telling you I need to get Tested for HIV and STD`s? was my risk high or non existent. do you think I'm freaking out or I should worry about this...

I wan to make love to my wife with no condom (of course) but I'm afraid about this encounter.

Thanks. You're the Man ;)

If the latex condom was properly used and did not break, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent, even if your gym-bunny had a vaginal rash and history of an STD last year. HIV testing is, of course, always available but I do not feel it's essential in your case. Some STDs can be transmitted via skin-to-skin contact (herpes, HPV, etc.). If you're worried, your general medical doctor or STD clinic can screen for these. The odds are very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV or other STDs from Miss Barbarella Barbells at the gym.

As always I recommend leveling with your wife not only as the best way to confront your guilt and fears but also because it's the right thing to do. That way you could decide together to use latex condoms for the next three months until you get a definitive HIV test result confirming your negative status.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

As for your idea of a 24/7 hotline, I just counted up all the questions in my inbox. Now if the expert spends three minutes with each caller, I figure I would need essentially every HIV specialist working on the planet to answer calls continually without food, sleep or potty breaks. Somehow this seems a bit untenable. So for now questioners are stuck with me and the gigantic archives I've generated over the years. (I did ask a few friends if they wanted to answer some questions from worried wells. They said they would rather poke knitting needles in their eyes.)

Be well. Stay well.

Unsafe Syringe From Foreign Doctor- Please Help
Overly worred healthcare worker?