Trying to figure out when I contracted HIV

I was recently diagnosed with HIV with a low t-cell count in the 300's and a viral load in the 300,000 range. I am trying to figure out when I may have contracted the virus. I have been with the same partner for 9 months and he tested negative on the ELISA test yet I am positive. Could I have contracted it over 9-10 months ago when I was sexual with somebody else over the summer? I am confused and trying to convince my boyfriend that I have not cheated on him. Help.

With a CD4 count of 300 and HIV plasma viral load of 300,000 could you have contracted HIV more than nine months ago? Absolutely. In fact you may have been HIV positive for a number of years.

Feel free to show this to your boyfriend. In additional you could invite him to accompany you to your next appointment with your HIV specialist. Your boyfriend is most likely just scared. However, it certainly would be more appropriate if he were helping to support you through this difficult time rather than playing the blame game. Hopefully he'll come around soon. If not, you may want to consider finding a more supportive partner.

Just A Thank You
PEPs and subsequent HIV-testing