Travelling to the USA

I have been on medication for a year now, responding well with VL undetectable etc.

A friend of mine is a flight attendant and is unaware of my status. On numerous occasions he has asked to take me to USA for very little cost on his travel concessions, but I am running out of excuses as to why I am unable to go. When is the travel ban on hiv+ people going to be PROPERLY lifted? Is there any recent development on the issue?

I have a visa in my passport that was issued pre-infection, it would be nice to be able to use it!

Thanks for all your help on here, you're all so great!

No recent developments, but yes, it will be properly lifted. It's my understanding that immigration and border agents are not actively searching for HIVers. I would suggest you take your friend up on his offer and come for a visit. Just pack your meds in your suitcase and don't mention your HIV status. The chances are excellent you'll have no difficulties.

Bon voyage!

Question On Testing
$50 donation and lighting fast question!