Question On Testing
May 7, 2009
In the past I had a boyfriend from Ethiopia. After breaking up I went and got tested for Hiv over a year later and was negative. Back then it was only an Hiv 1 test. Please, please give me your opinion on if I need to be retested with an Hiv 2 test or Hiv 1 & 2 type test. Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate your insight.
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV-2 is not endemic in Ethiopia. It's found primarily in West Africa. HIV-2 testing is certainly available, but not specifically recommended for your case.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.