+ and scared

im poz and i've started to lose weight. im not on medication because i dont have insurance and cant afford it. About my weight, how can i get it back up? i've lost 20 pounds and friends are starting to notice.

Another tragic story! You're HIV positive and losing weight, but have no health insurance and can't afford medical care! This is an all-too-common situation that I find morally reprehensible for the richest nation in the world. Once again I urge all readers of this forum to support President Obama's plan for universal health care!

Regarding your weight loss, it would be important to know why you're losing weight. It could be due to decreased input (not eating enough), digestion problems (not absorbing what you are eating) or increased output (diarrhea). The best way to stop the weight loss and regain what you lost is to identify the cause and specifically treat that underlying problem. If you can't afford to pay for medical care, try to locate a free clinic in your area. Sometimes local health departments provide these types of services. If you can't afford antiretroviral drugs and need them, consider applying for ADAP (AIDS Drugs Assistance Program). Your biggest problem right now is not the 20-pound weight loss that people are beginning to comment on, but rather your untreated HIV infection. Try contacting your local AIDS service organizations to see if you can tap into any of their programs and benefits.

I have been searching the internet for weeks & I cannot find an answer to my simple question!
A QTND...or is it???? (ORAL SEX AND PEP, 2009)