May 7, 2009
No one really knows anything about H1N1, so I understand if you can't give a definitive answer to this question.
1) Is it possible that H1N1 could in anyway delay OR mask HIV antibodies?
I was so excited to finally get tested, and now I'm concerned that I have the Swine Flu and it will affect the HIV test. Thanks Doc.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Actually your question really is not difficult. We know quite a bit about H1N1 viruses.
1. No, absolutely not.
Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.