8 Months Prego
May 7, 2009
I had written you before, the title was "More than love in the air"... I forgot to add that I had noticed some dark redish brown spots on my car after the biker passed. I started thinking what if it was blood that was dripping from his leg and the wind brought it to my car? Even if the wind brought the blood splatter to my car, would the risk still be non-existent for going into my eye and infecting me?
I'm 8 months pregnant and I don't know if it's crazy irrational fears or hormones, or a real risk.
I will add additional donation, I did send donation the last time, and will do so again!! My baby and I thank you so much!!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hi 8 Months Prego,
Question: ". . . I don't know if it's crazy irrational fears or hormones or a real risk."
Answer: Crazy irrational fears. Definitely crazy, totally loony tunes, irrational fears.
My assessment and advice remain unchanged: "Your fears are totally unwarranted. Stop worrying."
You and your baby are most welcome!
More than love in the air Mar 10, 2009
I was driving, and came to a stop. A man on a bike that is known to have HIV in our area, came riding by my car VERY FAST! He was directly on the front side of my car. As he rode by, I noticed his whole leg was bleeding down his leg, A LOT!! Now I worry that the wind that passed, by the movement of his bicycle could have blew his blood in my eyes. My window was rolled down at the time.
Could this be an cause of concern?
Can I donate with cashiers check? I would like to donate half of my pay check for this matter to be resolved in my mind. It has caused me great grief. Thank you for you work and time!
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Can the wind from a fast-moving bicycle cause HIV-tainted blood on the rider's leg to be blown into your eyes as he rode by the open window of your car? No, absolutely not. Your fears are totally unwarranted. Stop worrying, OK?
2. Can you donate to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation via cashier's check? Yes, absolutely. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site: www.concertedeffort.org. Your donation is warmly appreciated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hepatitis Blood In Restaurant Risk
- Is Nasal Congestion A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Can You Contract Hiv By Sharing Food?
- What Do Ulcers In The Mouth Look Like When U Are Hiv Positive?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Signs And Symptoms Of Full Blown Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.