Poz at least 4 months testing Negative
May 6, 2009
60 y.o. male. 11/08 tested Neg. Dermatologist removed a lesion 01/05/08 that tested positive for HHV8/KS. Bloodwork 1/10/09 viral load 9,000,000 CD4 350 tested Neg for HIV antibodies. Started Atripla. 2/24/08 bloodwork V.L. 9,000 CD4 still Neg for HIV. 04/24/04 bloodwork V.L. 940 CD4 850 STILL testing Negative for HIV antibodies. No other KS lesions. How can I still be negative? Concerns? Advice? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Frascino
One possibility would be HIV-2 infection. I would suggest you see an HIV specialist with immunology training to help sort this out. Unfortunately, I can't determine exactly what's going on over the Internet. However, I can tell you there is a logical and scientific explanation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.