RE: UPDATE: Bio student!

Dr. Bob,

Well first I have an update for you and my roommate....not good! Since he found out about his HIV status he has been going on excessive drinking binges to the point of pissing all over my bed and dresser when he has come back at night. I'm trying to help but I really don't know how at this point. I told him that when he goes home in a week to get in touch with an HIV specialist and go from there, but it doesn't seem to matter to him. This is terrible to see someone hit rock bottom like this!

On the other hand it's really adding to my stress about the whole situation that I wrote to you about with the lotion. Please tell me that WITHOUT A DOUBT there is no way that I could have been infected from masturbating with the same lotion that he was using if he had put his hands into it. IF in fact there was precum on his hands could it have remained viable for an hour or more until I used it to masturbate with when I got back from class?

Please write back one more time! I'm sending a little $25 dollar donation with my Visa tomorrow after my exam. I hope that every dollar helps people like my roommate because this is the hardest thing I've ever witnessed, and its not even me going through it.

Peace & Love Dr. Bob.

Your College Friend

Hi College Friend,

When I don't respond to updates like yours or repeated requests for reassurance, the reason is I haven't changed my mind about your risk. Making me repeat my exact assessment and advice is a waste of everyone's time (especially mine). I have thousands of folks waiting for their first response and cannot become the "Department of Redundancy Department" just because you continue to be worried despite my initial reassurance. OK? (This applies to you other "frequent posters" out there as well. You know who you are!)

My opinion regarding your communal tub of whack-off elbow grease remains completely unchanged: no risk!

As for your roommate I agree he's not adjusting well to his diagnosis. Continue to have heart-to-heart conversations with him. If he's disclosed his status to any other friends or family, enlist their help as well. Your roomie is obviously using booze and bad behavior to avoid the reality he's now "positively. charged." Acting out and living in a state of denial is his choice; however, hopefully he's not harming anyone else in the process (unsafe sex). As for peeing on your bed and dresser, that is just unacceptable and you need to tell him so in no uncertain terms. You need to be both firm and supportive in your approach to him.

Now stop worrying and start studying! That biology exam is just around the corner. Good luck with the exam and your feckless buddy.

I too have burning mouth problems from cunnilingus
your opinion please