5 years of hiv fear

after a possible risk of infect HIV, after 6 months i developed some weird symstoms like white patch on the cheek until now 09, 1 night of fever,headache, night sweat, stomatch pain go with diarea happened a lot a while since o4, rash, fatigue and dandruff on scalp. Since i have so many symstoms I thought i was infected and i was too chicken to go the doctor then i ordered the home access test from drugstore.com FDA approved. I did the test at 6 months mark after the possible exposure the result came back negative but the sysmtom are sill here. It's been 5 years i still have the white patches inside my mouth on my cheek no pain at all and i still have diarea once awhile, it's really make me think that i did something wrong with the test but if i didn't get enough blood they should let me know instead of gave me inaccurate result. I really need your advise because for the past 5 years i keep thinking about HIV and i never could stop thinking about it. I have made my decision to face it or it will be too late. Your advise would be next step in my life. Thank you

Your negative Home Access HIV test six moths after your potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further need for additional HIV testing or even worrying about HIV related to this event five years ago. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet but what I can do with great certainty is advise you what is not causing them: It's not HIV! Your problem is psychological, not virological. Your perseveration on HIV is irrational and totally unwarranted. My advice is that you seek psychotherapy to help you confront and conquer these irrational fears. Five years of completely needless worry is five years too long. The only thing you have to fear is your fears.

Miami
Odd question for ya Doc.