Apr 28, 2009
1-dose window period for hiv2 longer than hiv1. 2- If someone have habetites B for more than 20 years and have no any problem and all liver function are normal, dose that delay hiv test for more than 4 months after exposure.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. The window period for HIV-2 is the same as for HIV-1.
2. Chronic hepatitis B with normal liver function would not delay HIV seroconversion. A negative test at four months would be definitive and conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.