cmv ebv false positive

Dear doctor:

About 5 months ago i had anal sex with an escort but i use protection . About 30-40 days later i have little fever (no more than 37.7) for 30-35 days. The labs test ( i did them about 45-55 days after that sex) came positives for cmv and ebv and the elisa for hiv came negative ,but i know it was within the window period. I read in the net that acute hiv syndrome may give false positives for both cmv and ebv. Is it posible that the lab test were wrong and actually i was infected with hiv and the cmv and ebv came positives because the acute hiv syndrome? i apologized for my english 'cause i'm from argentine Thanks in advance

Hi Argentina-guy,

It would be extremely unlikely that your HIV test was a false-negative.

Your HIV risk, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, is essentially nonexistent, because you had "protected" sex.

Your negative HIV test at 55 days is encouraging, but not definitive. For a conclusive test you need to wait until the three-month mark. Since five months have now passed since your horizontal tango with the escort, why not just repeat the HIV test? I'm quite confident the result will again be negative.

Now that I've answered your HIV question, how about giving me a free tango lesson? (The vertical, not horizontal kind.)

Be well Argentina-guy.

Re: Frequency of testing? (PrEP)
HIV Risk