Sometimes other reasons, and more

Dear Dr. Bob:

I'd like to remind our friends that when you have more than one thing wrong with you, that HIV therapy gets more complex.

Not only are my doctors managing diabetes, hypertension, and CHF, but Idiopathic Lung Disease as well - Lymphocytic Interstitial Pneumonitis type, with 24 hour oxygen.

Thus, in MY case, given everything, they deem prophylactic Bactrim DS daily advisable,. with all else I do.

But what I find is this combination puts me totally out of commission.

I am unmarketable, and suspect I shall remain single for good now.

This is my first year of facing the Medicare "donut hole," Dr Bob, and I do not see any solution in sight.

Give the cost of Lantus, Spiriva, and Symbicort, I suspect I shall have to go without lots of things, including them.

What is a person to do?

No, my doctors and caseworker have no suggestions.

There is no doubt your case is complex and that aspects of our healthcare system suck (and not in a good way). However, if your doctors and caseworkers don't have any suggestions or creative solutions to help you navigate these challenges, I'd say it's time for new doctors and/or caseworkers, or at least a second opinion. With your doctor's help there is usually always a creative way to "work the system." Sometimes that may require quite a bit of emphasis on the "creative way" part of that statement.

What's a person to do? Be persistent (and creative). Also advocate tirelessly for universal healthcare for all! Problems like yours are a travesty in the richest country in the world!

Best studies showing the effectivness of condoms?
Re: Frequency of testing? (PrEP)