Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv, Humour and Hope
Apr 28, 2009

Dear Dr. Bob

Firstly, please don't worry about a response to my message or feel you have to post it on the forum. I am writing just to say a HUGE thank you to you for your time, effort and devotion you give to this website which has proved to be invaluable to me and indeed countless others.

I was diagnosed with HIV in 2006, recently started therapy and doing extremely well. However, I did go through a period of depression, learning how to cope with my status. Reading your remarkably witty but always truthful responses to questions posted on here has been a great comfort and reassurance to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this.

You have made me realise that this virus does not define me but is only a small part of who I am. It has taken some time but I have now shrugged off the blues and gone from a scared, depressed virally enhanced young man to someone who feels energetic, optimistic and confident that I will be around for many years to come! I am now training for a 500 mile cycling event through Malawi and mozambique to raise money for HIV/AIDS organisations in Malawi - something I thought I would never do just 12 months ago! And a big part of this is down to you, my inspiration.

So once again, a HUGE thank you, and wishing you and your lovely husband every success, health and happiness.

Dave (UK) xx

p.s. have made a small donation to your wonderful foundation.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi UK-Dave,

Thank you for your very kind and heartwarming comments! Your post really made my day (and I have been having a spectacular day already!).

You are absolutely correct: HIV does not define us, nor does it victimize us, or take anything away from us. In HIV is something that's been added to us! And in many ways coexisting with this virus can give us a unique perspective on many aspects of life.

Congratulations on your decision to become proactive and help others in desperate need by joining the cycling event to raise money for HIV/AIDS organizations in Malawi! BRAVO! I've always found that whatever we give of ourselves in the true spirit of generosity and compassion is returned to us one thousand fold. Yep, karma rocks. And your selfless efforts, I'm confident, will generate tons of excellent cosmic karma for you that will be demonstrated in ways you can't even imagine.

Dave, thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Your one gift will touch many lives in a very meaningful way, helping to turn hopelessness into hope. Please accept my heartfelt thanks and know that I plan to ride along with you in spirit right on your shoulder during those 500 miles! You pedal and I'll whisper encouragement (or sweet nothings?) in your ear, OK?

Be well Dave. Have a great cycle-adventure.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Guest Speaker Transmission
Next
Best studies showing the effectivness of condoms?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.