Guest Speaker Transmission

SO today we had guest speakers come into our college class and speak about HIV. One of the speakers that was hiv+ sat in the desk right in front of mine. An attendance sheet was being passed around. I noticed the man who was hiv+ was just biting his skin on his nails and I saw a bit of blood from his finger. He grabbed the attendance sheet and looked at it, then 2 seconds later passed it back to me and I grabbed it.

Is this a risk if he got his blood on the paper then I touched it with my very dry and peeling hands? I also had a paper cut that I had just got.

Donation of $50 on it's way! I don't know whether to be worried or if it's just in my mind?

I had just been tested and don't want to go through that again if I don't need to.

Thanks so much in advance!

Your fears are completely unwarranted. The HIV risk from the situation you describe is nonexistent. If HIV were transmitted that easily, it would have wiped out the planet long ago.

HIV testing is not recommended for your (non-)exposure.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

confused kiwi
Hiv, Humour and Hope