Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Good-luck karma
Apr 27, 2009

Hi doctor bob, okay so i ve been thinking a lot and writing to you a lot and i've realized that hiv is not a guessing game. I know it took a while but its true its not. You could have done the riskiest thing with someone who's + and end up okay or done something super duper low risk and have Hiv.

I m getting tested on tuesday, i m still hesitant about going, i m really considering not , i know what you ll say what you dont know can kill you well in my case what i know might kill me. I m doing this because i think its the right thing, my bf whom i completely adore has had a stomach ache this past week and although we do everything protected ( apart from oral,but thats not going to happen again unprotected) i cant help but think that maybe its my fault, that maybe he has it too.

So I m removing all doubt tuesday, you might get a message from me saying how happy i am or how on the verge of suicide i am, either way its time to take responsability in my hands for the tiny mistakes i have done in my past ( seriously oral and unprotected sex for like a minute ) hopefully it wont turn out into a huge mistake.

You dont have to answer this but please, please je vous en supplie think of me and send me good luck karma when you open this, no need for an answer just think of me on tuesday and maybe everything will be fine.

Thank you :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Correct, HIV is not a guessing game. It's a virus.

Yes, I will tell you "what you don't know about HIV can kill you".

Dr. Bob's certified good-luck karma has been sent! I strongly suggest you stop worrying and start practicing your WOO-HOO!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I don't think you've heard this one before!
Next
Woman with Positive BF, condom break and low IGG

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.