Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and HCV rapid tests
Apr 27, 2009

Hello. I love your site and have found alot of good info. However I had trouble finding about about rapid tests My question: is there an accurate rapid test for hiv and hcv that is available to Canada?

If so how accurate is it and when is the earliest time to take the test after exposure?

I know you guys must get alot of questions but can you please take the time to answer my question I will be very grateful.

I'll do anything(donations, etc.) Please Please

Hope to hear from you,

Brad

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Brad,

Rapid testing for HIV is available throughout Canada. Just contact your local AIDS service organization for the site closest to you. Google AIDS service organizations and the name of your city or town. You must wait until the three-month mark for a conclusive HIV-antibody test. I believe the Hepatitis C rapid test is still awaiting approval in Canada as it is here in the USA. The usual Hep C tests are, of course, routinely available.

Dr. Bob

Previous
contexture thin man.
Next
Oral Sex and HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.