Please I am very distressed Dr.! ($ 50 Donation)

I went to my doctor to help me believe the results of my tests and relieve my anxiety. 6 weeks rapid test for antibodies and tested for p24 antigen NEGATIVE. 12 weeks Negative rapid test for antibodies. I'm not on chemo, I am neither drug, nor have I made a transplate. Well, my doctor told me that my evidence is inconclusive and that more tests should I have for six months. Is this true or this doctor is still in prehistoric times?. Thank you very much

Assuming you had a routine potential exposure (such as unprotected or broken-condom sex) and there are no extenuating circumstances, I would consider your negative HIV tests at three months to be conclusive. The option to repeat your test at six months is always open to you. Personally I don't think it's necessary or warranted. Yell WOO-HOO and stop being so stressed out! Hey, did you ever realize that stressed spelled backward is desserts? Have some chocolate cake and yell WOO-HOO, OK?

3 months of sex with hiv positive guy
Worried Busy Body not sure of what my chances are