Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please I am very distressed Dr.! ($ 50 Donation)
Apr 25, 2009

I went to my doctor to help me believe the results of my tests and relieve my anxiety. 6 weeks rapid test for antibodies and tested for p24 antigen NEGATIVE. 12 weeks Negative rapid test for antibodies. I'm not on chemo, I am neither drug, nor have I made a transplate. Well, my doctor told me that my evidence is inconclusive and that more tests should I have for six months. Is this true or this doctor is still in prehistoric times?. Thank you very much

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Assuming you had a routine potential exposure (such as unprotected or broken-condom sex) and there are no extenuating circumstances, I would consider your negative HIV tests at three months to be conclusive. The option to repeat your test at six months is always open to you. Personally I don't think it's necessary or warranted. Yell WOO-HOO and stop being so stressed out! Hey, did you ever realize that stressed spelled backward is desserts? Have some chocolate cake and yell WOO-HOO, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
3 months of sex with hiv positive guy
Next
Worried Busy Body not sure of what my chances are

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.