Ear Licking = HIV risk

Hi doc,

I am a great fan of yours and have visited this site for information frequently. You are one of the doctor I respect the most. I have also donated before for your worthy cause and will do so again. However I do have one fear in me currently. I went to a strip club the other day and had a VIP lap dance. It was my first time to a strip club and I was shocked when she started to lick my ears. She did that to both and it was very wet. I am worried if I have cuts or abrasions on my ears and she had blood in her mouth... Doc, do I need to get a test? Am I at risk here? Please help. Are there cases of people getting HIV through non-sexual acts like ear-licking? Or will this ear-licking cost me? Thanks.

The only HIV-acquisition risk would be if you were having unsafe sex with her while she was tonguing your tympanic membrane. In other words: no risk. HIV testing (and/or worrying) is not warranted. Ear licking is not an HIV risk!

Be well.

Save a young man from this misery, ill donate as much as I can.
3 months of sex with hiv positive guy