Is God punishing me?

I just came out to my family and friends, I am 25 yr old male and it's been like living double lives. So my mom goes on and on about being gay and HIV, and now she has got me so scared to the point that I don't even want to dance it up at gay clubs anymore! So the other day while at school, I was walking through WEHO(West Hollywood) I stepped on a safety pin right in front of my favorite club!Is this a sign?? Could HIV be transmitted in this manner if an HIV person pricked them self just before me and got blood on it? It was lying flat on the ground not sticking up. I was wearing thin tennis shoes and felt a little prick.

Do I have anything to worry about?

I just recently got 3 HIV tests done in 2 months, do I have to go again for this incident??

Donation and gratitude sent your way! Thanks for you time and patience with people.

No, God is not punishing you, but SHE should be punishing your mother for her less-than-supportive-and-understanding response to your sexual orientation, not to mention her scaring the bejesus out of you! The higher powers made you just the way you are and are delighted you are coming out to your friends and family. Telling the truth is never the wrong decision. Living a lie leads only to unhappiness. Closets are a health hazard! Coming out is the correct, honest and honorable thing to do. Chances are Mommie Dearest will come around with time.

Regarding your safety pin WEHO incident, relax, your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. Safety pins are sold-bore needles and therefore are much less risky than syringes or hollow-bore needles. Plus HIV does not survive very long outside the body. Taking these two facts together makes your HIV risk so remote it becomes nonexistent. HIV testing is not warranted.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. If your mom seems overly anxious about HIV, turn her on to this site. The information here should be both enlightening and reassuring for her.

Be well. Stay well. Now get into that dance club and start bopping to the beat. And save a dance for me, OK?

Third world country thankful guy
My 6th Try: Please help