Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ALMOST Rape Victim
Apr 23, 2009

Ok here it goes... I haven't spoke about this to anyone and it's eating me up inside.

I am female...More than 2 years ago I was in an incident with an HIV+ man that tried to rape me. I thank God everyday that I fought him off. BUT he did force me to kiss him. I tried to fight back but he was too strong! He stuck his tongue in my mouth and I could feel his tongue on my tongue. He basically forcefully made out with me. This lasted a few seconds..maybe 5 seconds...until I kicked him in his balls and I ran away!! I sometimes have a bad habit of peeling the skin on my lips as well as biting the inside of my cheeks. And at the time I had a 5 year old tongue ring. I worry if he had blood in his saliva if this would be an HIV risk?

I just did a rapid oraquick oral swab test at 2 years after incident and another oral swab 2 years and 4 months after incident. Both tests were negative. This has been traumatizing to say the least. Can I depend on the oraquick advance tests or should I seek medical help and do a blood drawn test?

I only have $20 to donate, I don't want to promise more then disappoint you. I truly will appreciate a response, I'm in a very dark place and need a beacon of light. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your negative OraQuick tests out to two years four months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional tests are warranted or recommended. The only thing you need to do now is yell WOO-HOO and put this incident behind you. By the way, I'm glad you kicked him in the balls. Hopefully he now sounds like a soprano!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Super Bob to the Rescue
Next
Gay boy and "massage parlor" + donation from the heart

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.