Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Super Bob to the Rescue
Apr 23, 2009

hi dr Bob

Thankyou for you response of my last question, I have donated since and would like to exaggerate on the response and symptoms. I realise you cannot make full asessments over the internet but I need your opinion with no silver lining..

My symptoms were as follows after possible exposure..

I have always had protected sex with a condom but this once I had unprotected recieving oral with a highly suspicious girl, she wasnt very good and consequencly and ended up getting alot of teeth on my manhood, maybe the size was a problem haha.. :-P

I never had anything resembling ARS (swollen nodes, cold etc that I can remember) however my gf just had a severe cold with fever and congestion)

Immediate mild greasy stools with excessive gastro noises with at least once a week watery explosive diarreah (these have been consistent over the last year and now my new gf has developed the same symptoms exactly with very noisy stomachs.

however after a course of metronidazole recently my symptoms went away but have since returned.

5 months after exposure developed very runny nose with watery discharge and to this day comes and goes. however i have always been a heavy smoker and when i have a cigarette the symptoms go out of control for a short period.

I have always had a problem pre-exposure also with blocked nose when I lay down and I had been using nasal sprays such as otravine for about 4 months previously (is it possible the overuse of these sprays has caused a problem with my sinuses? I have been using a nasal steroid for the last 6 months which keeps it under control.

I have been using antibiotics on and off for a couple of years for travellers diarreah and food poisoning in exotic countries and I believe I have overused these to the point where they are no longer effective.

there are no other symptoms I can think of ecept for some heat rashes, a little athletes foot and normal healing wounds from scratches, normal colds once a year etc.

my questions are as follows..

If I was Infected with HIV would my everyday scratches etc heal normally with little infection etc? this has me confused as a low cd4 count would make cuts heal slow would it not?

do these gastro problems sound concurrent with hiv? there is alot of contradicting information out there.

I tested for HIV and all STD's 1 month after possible exposure and all was negative, the numbers seem to be around 70 percent would have developed antibodies by that time so I am half way woohooing but I am worried about these ongoing symtoms.

Do you think I should test for HIV-2 as the first test was just a hiv-1 screen?

what are the chances that my partner has developed the same symptoms as me when HIV affects everyperson differently?

We are only human and all make mistakes

finally I think you are an amazing person and you are one of the true heroes of our world as crazy as it is. Your posts have me laughing hysterically most days!! have you thought of doing standup comedy?

will donate again!!!

Rodger

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Toothy Tabatha chomped on your manhood during the blowjob? Oh, I'll bet she doesn't get many second dates with a technique like that.

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes, an everyday scratch would heal normally. CD4 cells do not affect how quickly cuts heal.

2. Nope.

3. No, unless Toothy Tabatha was from an HIV-2 endemic area (West Africa).

4. Standup comedy? Me? No, I prefer sitting or lying down comedy. It's less tiring.

Thanks for your donation Rodger.

Stop worrying, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Nervous medical student with a few questions!!!
Next
ALMOST Rape Victim

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.