Do you have the patience for neurotics?

I am an extremely twitchy person who has been diagnosed with GAD, OCD and dysthymia. I am on Antabuse and in rehab after a five year plus alcohol bender. I am thirty days sober, but seem to have zoomed past the "honeymoon" period in recovery and gone straight to "the wall."

It has been three months since my last "exposure." The contacts I am concerned about are rimming two "masseurs" and RECEIVING oral sex from one--or maybe two or three-guys (I was drunk) at a sex club.

When I tested a few months ago, the clinician considered these activities to be "non-exposures," and the test was negative.

Do you agree with this nurse that I am making a big deal out of nothing? I'd like to get tested so I can get on with my life, but I am scared of a potential positive result. I'm finally starting to put my life back together and make positive changes for myself. Finding out that I'm ill would throw be right back into alcohol's embrace.

I'd like your opinion. Thank you for appearing on this forum. May God bless you for your time and kindness.

I remain, as ever... Alone in Hollywood

Hi Alone in Hollywood,

Considering the subject matter of this forum I have both patience for neurotics and neurotics for patients!

Regarding rimming, there have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed. However, other STDs can be transmitted via rimming (hepatitis A, intestinal parasites, herpes, etc.).

Insertive unprotected oral sex carries only a very small risk for HIV acquisition. You can read more about this in the archives. We have a whole chapter devoted to blowjobs.

My advice would be to get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from these activities.

Just a quick THANKS!
Boyfriend just diagnosed, I am scared!!